Thursday, July 1, 2010

Short cuts










Most politicians only have two faces; what makes Jan Tanner special is that she has so many.  

Like a nerd, I name my janpics
(from left to right:  "Ambiguous Jan", circa 2005; "Funky Winkerbean Jan", circa 2007; "Whereami Jan", circa 2008; "Boogie Jan", circa 2009; "Portrait in Blue", circa 2010; "Jan Tanner Navratilova", circa 2010).

I dunno about you, but I disliked Jan less before her blue contact lenses.






John D. Rockefeller, at left 
State House hopeful Sanford E. "Pete" Lee, right.

...or is it the other way around?

Talk about "dead ringers" -- spooky.








Am I the only one who wonders stuff like...

"What's the 'E.' stand for?"

and 

"How come 'Pete' is in quotations?"

Does it have it anything to do with the fact that whenever I hear "Sanford" I picture a guy named "Fred" who has a son named "Lamont?"

I'm just wonderin'...I do it often...











...like...The Official Party Guest List Checker lost her job because these these two yahoos crashed a party...

...you'd think that The Official Birth Certificate Checker might at least have been demoted...or given a verbal warning, or something.  Most of us can't withdraw $20 from the bank without two forms of I.D.

I guess some things become more lax when you're President...like the Constitution... 



I figure I'm gonna make the most of those "rights" thingiemabobs before they lax their way right out of existence.  



No comments:

Post a Comment