Sunday, December 13, 2009

First day of Christmas

Hello Readers, and here's hoping that the First Day of Christmas finds you well.

That's not at all to discount anyone who doesn't celebrate Christmas; Happy Chanukah, Merry Kwanzaa, Wonderful Winter Solstice, Awesome Atheist Day, Festive Fill-in-the-Blank Day!

I'll be using the Twelve days of Christmas for some semblance of structure for the remainder of the month; each will have a humorous gift-giving idea, suggestion for Santa, and/or outright gift for anyone with a crush on the city of Colorado Springs.

Interspersed throughout will be a series of intensely personal discourses that I feel moved to write for this winter season - for you, for me, and for God.

Today's offering comes under the "I LOVE COLORADO SPRINGS" category. It's a photograph of Monument Valley Park in taken in 1898. When my husband and I met at Palmer High School 26 years ago, we would steal away for quiet walks together at the same place depicted in the photograph; its beauty has moved me to tears.

Enjoy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment