Saturday, June 4, 2011

Brass in pocket

So, I mentioned that I recently started a new job...


I'm waiting tables at a family restaurant.  I'd tell you where, but I need to get a better handle on things first; I don't wanna spill a Coke in your lap.


New to it as I am, I can already tell my ease and comfort on this job easily outweighs jobs for which I was paid an annual salary of $50,000 to work.  I know this is going to sound so dumb...but the last job I enjoyed as much was as a 7-Eleven sales clerk -- which until now, was my all-time absolute favorite job.


I've never waited tables before, and it's quite a challenge; the hardest part is getting the order right, and then properly communicating the order to the cooks. 


The best part is the momentary chit-chat with customers, who thus far seem to share my conservative outlook on all things Colorado Springs.  

My job rocks, if only for the following reason:  it leaves me with some brass in pocket in between my husband's pay periods...such a relief and a difference from not even a week ago.

* * * * * * * *

Thanks again to my friend Mitch for referring me...
and remember to tip your waitress.

love you guys


No comments:

Post a Comment