Saturday, March 12, 2011

CodeBaby Blue

Lo and Behold, I needed to travel via the Saturday City Bus service that starts up today, and as such had cause to alight on the City's website; I hadn't been for a while, and had forgotten about her.

The page had no sooner loaded, and there she was, right away...talking at me, yakkin' at me and asking me all kinds of questions...temporarily making me forget my reason for being there.

It was like being at the supermarket and catching sight of someone you'd rather avoid...a creepy Scientologist, say, or aggressive Amway lady; my urge to run and hide from CodeBaby Blue was visceral and real...

Cornered, with nowhere to go; I was forced to wait until she was all finished speaking before I could make her shut up.

You know, Microsoft Windows has a dog, and a wizard, and an Einstein who perform duties as CodeBaby's, in a far less intrusive way; for instance, you can set preferences so that you never see any of those creatures ever.  From what I can see, CodeBaby lacks any form of user control -- and desperately needs it.

I don't know what exactly and whose big idea CodeBaby is and remains; it's my understanding the feature was donated to the City.  Evenso, I remain curious as to how much *is* spent on the technical support for and development of that pushy, useless broad.  I actually find myself embarrassed by her nagging presence within the City's web architecture altogether.

Perhaps it's just me, but the City's CodeBaby Blue is a royal 'noid...and my unwanted interaction with her makes me annoyed in turn; indeed, she is the animated equivalent of the MagicJan, I mean, the MagicJerk, er..that is to say, the MagicJunk...leading me to this re-post from last year.

G'day mates.

________________

People: 

I'm not going to exhort here, because it's unnecessary; I already KNOW...there is NO POSSIBLE WAY that anyone could pretend to disagree --

WHOSE BIG IDEA WAS IT TO PUT THAT ANNOYING BLUE LADY ON THE CITY'S WEBSITE?

Was it someone named Jan, Hmmmm? 

Listen:  it could be anybody that's to blame for this awful illustration repeating itself over and over; the point is, that person is probably still getting paid for a job crappily done!  They turn off the street lights, and spend the money they save on this kind of TACKY AND GAUCHE FRIVOLITY.

'Fess up:  you know yourself, there sure is a suspicious resemblance to another annoying animation that we've all come to know a lot better over the past year -- Jan Tanner. 

The frosted Anne Heche hair?  The hippie get-up?   The magic crystal amulet? The repetition of "VOTE AGAINST THE EVIL TRIO?"   

Let's face it, friends, this pushy parrot IS Jan Tanner in toon form; the only thing that's missing is the extra-large pizza stain on the blouse.

YOU KNEW IT WAS WRONG...WHY'D YA GO AND DO IT?

HOW MUCH DID THIS WOMAN COST?
WHAT MADE YOU THINK SHE WAS WORTH IT?

THIS IS NOT A VICTIMLESS CRIME!!!


_______________

CodeBaby Corporation is the apparent brainchild of Springs resident Patrick Bultema.  The highwage, creative internet software development firm announced that it will be expanding its Colorado Springs operations.  Currently CodeBaby employs 12 and has set a goal of employing up to 500 people in the next five years. CodeBaby software can be used to create digital characters that can assist users either online or for training purposes. Visit the Experience Colorado Springs at Pikes Peak Web site www.experiencecoloradosprings.com to meet Katharine, a CodeBaby creation, that is currently assisting potential visitors.

http://www.springsgov.com/units/communications/EconomicIndicatorreportApr12009forpdf.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment